Sweep the phone version
Comparison of water-based paints and oil-based paints
Water-based paint is a paint that uses water as a diluent and does not contain organic solvents. It does not contain benzene, toluene, xylene, formaldehyde, free TDI toxic heavy metals, non-toxic and non-irritating odor, harmless to the human body, does not pollute the environment, and is full of paint film. It is crystal clear, flexible and has the characteristics of water resistance, abrasion resistance, aging resistance, yellowing resistance, fast drying and convenient use. Can be used on: wood, metal, plastic, glass, architectural surfaces and other materials. Oil paint refers to a coating made of organic solvent, which contains volatile organic compounds (VOC). In addition to being toxic to the human body and polluting the environment, it is also flammable and explosive. Some varieties also contain a large amount of formaldehyde and benzene. Toxic substances such as lead are "invisible killers" that pollute the environment and harm consumers' health. In addition, because of its own composition, oily paints lead to harsh transportation conditions, but it is undeniable that they contribute to water-based paints.
Advantages of water-based paint:
1. Water-based paint uses water as solvent to save a lot of resources; water-based paint eliminates fire hazard during construction; reduces air pollution; water-based paint uses only a small amount of low-toxic alcohol ether organic solvent to improve working environment conditions.
2. Water-based paint can be directly applied on wet surface and humid environment; water-based paint has good adaptability to material surface and strong coating adhesion.
3, water-based paint coating tools can be washed with water, greatly reducing the consumption of cleaning solvents.
4. The waterborne coating electrophoretic coating film is uniform and flat. Good flattening; inner cavity, weld seam, edge and edge parts can be coated with a certain thickness of coating film, which has good protection; electrophoretic coating film has the best corrosion resistance, thick film cathodic electrophoretic coating Salt spray resistance up to 1200h.
Advantages of oily paint:
1. Anti-corrosion, waterproof, oil-proof, chemical-resistant, light-resistant, temperature-resistant, etc. The object is exposed to the atmosphere and is eroded by oxygen, moisture, etc., causing damage such as metal corrosion, wood decay, and weathering of the cement. Applying an oil-based paint to the surface of the object to form a protective film can prevent or delay the occurrence and development of these damage phenomena and prolong the service life of various materials. .
2, color, gloss, pattern and integrity. Oil-based paints are applied to different materials to give you a colorful, colorful appearance.
3. Low price and easy production. Good brushing effect
Disadvantages of water-based paint:
1. The water-based paint has high requirements on the cleanliness during the construction process and the surface of the material. Due to the large surface tension of the water, the dirt easily causes the shrinkage of the coating film.
2, water-based paint on the coating equipment is highly corrosive, need to use anti-corrosion lining or stainless steel materials, equipment cost.
3. The baking type water-based paint has strict requirements on the construction environment conditions (temperature and humidity), increases the input of the temperature-regulating and humidity-conditioning equipment, and also increases the energy consumption.
4. The latent heat of evaporation of water is large, and the energy consumption of baking is large. Cathodic electrophoretic coatings need to be baked at 180 ° C; while latex coatings are completely dry for a long time.
5. The organic solvent having a high boiling point generates a lot of soot during baking, and drops on the surface of the coating film after condensing to affect the appearance.
6. The water-based paint has the problem of poor water resistance, which makes the stability of the coating and the bath poor, and the water resistance of the coating film is poor.
Disadvantages of oily paint:
1. It is slow to dry and the coating material has poor physical properties.
2, high harmful substances to the human body, harmful substances continue to release long-term volatile,
3, extremely easy to yellow, poor durability of the film quality is now mostly replaced by high performance synthetic resin paint.
4, the paint film is harder and more brittle, not easy to repair after damage.
5, extremely flammable, must be stored separately according to fire protection requirements
Both oily paints and water-based paints have their own shortcomings. In the decoration, it is necessary to consider where to use them. The advantages and disadvantages should be clearly understood so as not to be troublesome to repaint.
Waterborne polyurethane applied to wallpaper composite
Advantages of water-based paint